Studying and Teaching at the Department of Mathematics
Courses of Studies in Mathematics
Information on Teaching in Summer Semster 2020
The Department of Mathematics is currently preparing to offer all teaching courses with digital media and without physical presence for the moment. There should be no restrictions in the offer of teaching courses due to this switch to digital media. Especially, a complete service of exercises with a correction of the exercise sheets is planned. Further information will be given on this web page or on the web pages of the lecturers. We have to wait for corresponding final decisions of the Bavarian and German government and parliament.
(date: March 27, 2020)
The Department of Mathematics offers bachelor and master courses of studies with the degrees B.Sc. (Bachlor of Science) and M.Sc. (Master of Science) in Mathematics. All Master's Programmes are offered in English on demand.
From winter semester 2019/2020 on, the Department of Mathematics offers the new elite programme of study "Scientific Computing, Master of Science (M.Sc.)". This master course of study is funded by the Elite Network of Bavaria and is one of the only two new programmes of study of the Elite Network in Bavaria.
Bachelor of Science / Master of Education for High School Teachers ["Gymnasium"]
This information is only relevant for German speaking students. Please refer therefore to the German web pages [de].
- information of the university for the new elite programme of study Scientific Computing, Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- guide of study [de]
- information to the bachelor's and master's programmes (also for teachers in mathematics) as well as to expiring courses of studies and the corresponding examination regulations
- academic advising for students
- commented course catalogue [de]
- training center for students in mathematics ["Lernzentrum"] [de] of the Department of Mathematics
- doctorate and habilitation regulations of the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science
- Mathematical Colloquium [de]
- Colloquium Applied Mathematics
- Information about former graduates and alumni [de]