Studying and Teaching at the Department of Mathematics
Courses of Studies in Mathematics
Information on Teaching in Winter Semster 2021/22
The Department of Mathematics currently plans to offer almost all teaching courses in physical presence. In few cases additional digital teaching variants are offered for some courses, especially if there is a lack of lecture rooms due to distance rules. Please look for information in CampusOnline, in E-Learning or from the corresponding lecturers.
(date: September 2021)
Please also read the German recent information of the Department of Mathematics.
The Department of Mathematics offers bachelor and master courses of studies with the degrees B.Sc. (Bachlor of Science) and M.Sc. (Master of Science) in Mathematics. All Master's Programmes are offered in English on demand.
From winter semester 2020/2021 on, the Department of Mathematics offers the new programme of study "Computational Mathematics (B.Sc.)" which – on top of a profound mathematical training – offers a special focus on methods relevant for applications and on algorithms which are realized by the computer . As speciality the studying course offers to focus rather early on three specialization areas, simulation and optimization of dynamical systems, data analysis and approximation, or algorithmic algebra and data security.
From winter semester 2019/2020 on, the Department of Mathematics offers the elite programme of study "Scientific Computing, Master of Science (M.Sc.)". This master course of study is funded by the Elite Network of Bavaria and is one of the only two new programmes of study of the Elite Network in Bavaria.
Bachelor of Science / Master of Education for High School Teachers ["Gymnasium"]
Information on high school teachers is only relevant for German speaking students. Please refer therefore to the German web pages [de].
- information of the university for the new programme of study "Computational Mathematics (B.Sc.)"
- information of the university for the elite programme of study Scientific Computing, Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- guide of study [de]
- information to the bachelor's and master's programmes (also for teachers in mathematics) as well as to expiring courses of studies and the corresponding examination regulations
- academic advising for students
- commented course catalogue [de]
- training center for students in mathematics ["Lernzentrum"] [de] of the Department of Mathematics
- doctorate and habilitation regulations of the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science
- Mathematical Colloquium [de]
- Colloquium Applied Mathematics
- Information about former graduates and alumni [de]